Note to readers: Blogger is very temperamental tonight and not publishing several images I have imported. Any suggestions?
- From Ashley herself, DOWNTON ABBEY on DVD for my thought provoking question, "If you were an expat living in Tokyo (or other safe areas), would you evacuate or stay?"
This is a question that many military families have faced as DoD has coordinated transportation for those who want to leave Japan (but leaving behind the active duty member).
- From Romantic Crush Junkies, Lecia Cornwall's SECRETS OF A PROPER COUNTESS.
Mary Gramlich, The Reading Reviewer, recently received this book from Avon and she is enjoying it. So look for a giveaway in the near future. Can't wait? Romance Novel News interviewed Lecia Cornwall and is giving away two copies of SECRETS OF A PROPER COUNTESS at this link. Contest is open through March 31.
Let's all give a cheer to Ashley for "March Madenss". I can only imagine the work to host a month long event (during my own 12 Days of Kalikimaka, I was exhausted by the time the 12 Samoan drummers made their appearance). I have invite Ashley, Lecia, Romantic Crash Junkies, and Romance Novel News to be my guest later in April (after I recover from RT).
And we have winners here at SOS Aloha!
March 19, Spring Break in Kauai
- Carol L is the winner!
March 20, Wicked Sunday
- Mary is the winner of WICKED BECOMES YOU
- Terri is the winner of WICKED EVER AFTER
March 21, Clarissa Yip - winner's choice
- Casey is the winner!
March 22, Marcella Burnard ENEMY WITHIN
- Tina is the winner!
Congratulations to Marcella for her two RITA nominations!
March 22, Intergalactic Bar and Grille - winner's choice
- Ren is the winner!
March 23, Laurie London's BONDED BY BLOOD
- Beth is the winner!
March 24, Jill Shalvis' THE SWEETEST THING
- Raonaid is the winner!
Congratulations to Jill for her RITA nomination!
March 25, Larissa Ione's ETERNAL RIDER
- Michelle is the winner!
March 25, C.H. Admirand's TYLER
- Jodi is the winner!
Winners, please send your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org (even if you think I have it!)
The Sunday Surprise Book Giveaway is ... Kristina McMorris' LETTERS FROM HOME:
Chicago, 1944. Liz Stephens has little interest in attending a USO club dance with her friends Betty and Julia. She doesn't need a flirtation with a lonely serviceman when she's set to marry her childhood sweetheart. Yet something happens the moment Liz glimpses Morgan McClain. They share only a brief conversation - cut short by the soldier's evident interest in Betty - but Liz can't forget him. Thus, when Betty asks her to ghostwrite a letter to Morgan, stationed overseas, Liz reluctantly agrees.
Thousands of miles away, Morgan struggles to adjust to the brutality of war. His letters from "Betty" are a comfort, their soul-baring correspondence a revelation to them both. While Liz is torn by her feelings for a man who doesn't know her true identity, Betty and Julia each become immersed in their own romantic entanglements. And as the war draws to a close, all three will face heart-wrenching choices, painful losses, and the bittersweet joy of new beginnings.
Check out the back story, recipes, WWII letters, and other tidbits at Kristina's awesome website.
To enter the book giveaway,
1. Leave a comment about your week - did you climb any mountains? Overcome any challenges? Indulge in any sweet treats? Win any books?
2. This giveaway is open to US residents only (international readers can request book marks and trading cards - see COUNTDOWN TO CONVENTION). Comments are open through Saturday, April 2, 10 pm in Hawaii, to enter the giveaway. The winner will be announced on Sunday, April 3, during the Weekly Winners announcement post. I also contact the winner if I have winner's email address.
3. If you are new to SOS Aloha, please make sure I know how to contact you. If your Blogger profile does not provide your email address, please send it to email@example.com. (I have several unclaimed prizes because I do know how to contact the winner).
Kim in Hawaii
Of course everyone is a winner when I go to RT - make sure you read my COUNTDOWN TO CONVENTION blog to see what bling I will mail from LA and where to read my daily updates.