Oh, I am a winner as I received these books in the mail this week:
- Victoria Alexander's HIS MISTRESS BY CHRISTMAS (September 27, 2011)
- HW "Buzz" Bernard's EYEWALL (available now)
- Diana Cosby's HIS DESTINY (October 4, 2011)
- Cara Elliott's TOO WICKED TO WED (October 25, 2011)
- Jill Marie Landis' MAI TAI ONE ONE (available now in ebook)
I've incorporated these books for giveaway into the updated schedule posted at this link. I ask the question - what do you want in a review? I am also giving away a book of choice from the RWA stash to one randomly selected commenter.
And we have winners at SOS Aloha!
Nancy Bush's HUSH
Jennifer Hillier's CREEP
Jill Marie Landis's Tiki Goddess
Alyssia Kirkhart and Writer's Motivation
Macmillan Audio Book - Mary Kay Andrews' SUMMER RENTAL
Please send me your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stefanie Sloane's THE SINNER WHO SEDUCED ME
Nancy Gideon's BOUND BY MOONLIGHT
And I just finished a great book - Michelle Diener's IN A TREACHEROUS COURT:
Henry VIII’s most lethal courtier and his newly appointed artist become the only thing keeping him on the throne – and if they survive, neither will ever be the same.
John Parker is one of Henry VIII most useful courtiers — utterly merciless and completely loyal. But one small favour for his King will pull Parker into a deadly plot against the throne, one that will test his courage, his resolve, and most especially, his heart.
A commission from Henry VIII should have been the crowning achievement of Susanna Horenbout’s career, but before the beautiful and talented artist even sets foot in England, she finds herself in possession of a secret that could change its history. With Parker as her only protection against killers who will stop at nothing to silence her, Susanna has to trust the dangerous, enigmatic courtier. She’s used to fighting in a man’s world, but she never expected to be fighting for her life.
Read why I enjoyed reading this book with my review:
- Goodreads at this link.
- Amazon (waiting for approval)
So let's giveaway my review copy* to one randomly selected commenter. To enter the giveaway,
1. Leave a comment about historical fiction - which period do you prefer to read?
2. This giveaway is open to all readers.
3. Comments are open through Saturday, August 6, 10 pm in Hawaii. I'll post the winners on Sunday, August 7.
Kim in Hawaii
August Reading Challenge - Bring Me Heroes: IN THE TREACHEROUS COURT featured an unexpected hero - John Parker. As the king's trusted agent, he didn't expect to repeatedly defend, let alone fall in love with, Susanna. He is a true "knight in shining armor".
To learn more about the August Reading Challenge, check out this link.
* I requested an ARC from Gallery Books. The "free" ARC did not influence my review.
|Showtime's THE TUDORS revived interest |
in King Henry VIII.