On this day in 1815, the United Kingdom, Austria, and France form a secret defensive alliance treaty against Prussian and Russia.
Oh, the Regency Era is full of intrigue, secrets, and changing alliances …. on the battlefield and in the ballrooms!
It is my privilege to host Regency author Anne Gracie - she is celebrating the release of BRIDE BY MISTAKE:
And while they remain bound to their vows, they never expected that the passionate fury they share could become passion of a different kind.
Anne’s bio is fascinating .... let's play seven degress of separation!
1. Anne grew up in a family of “chalkies” and became a chalkie herself.
2. Chalkie is Australian slang for teacher.
3. Today's teachers guide their students in overcoming challenges - the greatest example is Anne Sullivan and Helen Keller.
4. Anne Sullivan and Helen Keller received honorary fellowships from the Educational Institute of Scotland.
5. Anne Gracie has lived in Scotland, Malaysia and Greece.
6. From Anne’s bio, “We travelled through Europe in a caravan and I'd swum most of the famous rivers in Europe by the time I was eight.”
7. Anne’s heroine, Isabella, waited eight years for her prince to come.
You don’t have to wait any longer! I am giving away a print copy of BRIDE BY MISTAKE to one randomly selected commenter. To enter the giveaway,
1. Leave a comment about something special you for which you waited - a special dress, jewelry, or vacation?
I wanted new furniture when I married my husband ... but I waited 4 years 'til he was selected for promotion to Major to purchase a new bedroom set!
2. This giveaway is open to all readers.
3. Comments are open through Saturday, January 7, 10 pm. I’ll announce the winner on Sunday, January 8.
Kim in Hawaii
To learn more about Anne and her books, including links to purchase, check out her website at www.annegracie.com.
|Anne pays tribute to Barbara Cartland.|