This week the American Library Association is celebrating Teen Read Week! Several beloved romance authors have penned YA books, including Christie Craig as CC Hunter. From CC's website (at this link),
C.C. Hunter grew up in Alabama, where she caught lightning bugs, ran barefoot, and regularly rescued potential princes, in the form of Alabama bullfrogs, from her brothers. Today, she's still fascinated with lightning bugs, mostly wears shoes, but has turned her focus to rescuing mammals. She now lives in Texas with her four rescued cats, one dog, and a prince of a husband, who for the record, is so not a frog. When she's not writing, she's reading, spending time with her family, or is shooting things-with a camera, not a gun.
CC is celebrating the release of her fifth book in the Shadow Falls series, WHISPERS AT MOONRISE:
Shadow Falls Camp is back in session with the most explosive installment yet. A shocking new threat will rock Shadow Falls—changing it forever and altering Kylie’s journey in ways she never imagined.
Even at a camp for supernatural teens, Kylie Galen has never been normal. Not only can she see ghosts, but she doesn’t seem to belong to any one species—she exhibits traits from them all. As Kylie struggles to unlock the secrets of her identity, she begins to worry that Lucas will never be able to accept her for what she is, and what she isn’t…a werewolf. With his pack standing in their way, Kylie finds herself turning more and more to Derek, the only person in her life who’s willing to accept the impossible.
As if life isn’t hard enough, she starts getting visits from the ghost of Holiday, her closest confidante. Trouble is, Holiday isn’t dead…not yet anyway. Now Kylie must race to save one of her own from an unseen danger before it’s too late—all while trying to stop her relationship with Lucas from slipping away forever. In a world of constant confusion, there’s only one thing Kylie knows for sure. Change is inevitable and all things must come to an end…maybe even her time at Shadow Falls.
|Wailua Falls on Kauai, famous as the|
opening shot of FANTASY ISLANDS -
a camp for adults!
Check out the trailer at this link. CC prepared a special post to introduce you to her new book:
Ten Things You’ll Learn from Whispers at Moonrise
1. Kicking your boyfriend’s father’s butt might not be good for the relationship.
2. Sometimes following your heart means breaking some rules.
3. Getting trapped in a grave with three dead girls is not a walk in the park.
4. Your parents breaking up sucks. Your mom having a boyfriend, and kissing him in front of you, sucks BIG TIME.
5. When your boyfriend says one thing, but does another, what do you believe? His actions or his words?
6. You can’t always protect the ones you love. Sometimes the only way to protect them is to tell them the truth—even if it hurts.
7. When you are in love, you usually want to talk a lot more about your boyfriend than your girlfriends care to hear.
8. You shouldn’t mess with magic if you don’t know what you’re doing. Especially when someone could end up sterile.
9. Sometimes it is the little choices we make, and not the big ones, that define who we are.
10. Be careful what you wish for or you might end up turning a bright shade of red in the boys’ bathroom.
|Pu'u O Mahuka Heiau (temple) near Pupukea|
I am giving away a Hawaiian 2013 calendar - with images of Pupukea - to one randomly selected commenter. To enter the giveaway,
1. Leave a comment about summer camp - loved it or loathed it? I loved the summers camps I attended as a Girl Scout. As an adult, I love it when my children attend Boy Scouts summer and winter camp at Pupukea ... a week to myself!
2. This giveaway is open to all readers.
3. Comments are open through Saturday, October 20, 10 pm in Hawaii. I'll post the winner on Sunday, October 21.
Kim in Hawaii
To learn more about CC Hunter and her books, check out her website at cchunterbooks.com.