As I write this blog, my kids are watching the "Coots and Ladders" episode of FRASIER on the Hallmark channel. Frasier confided his latest drama to Niles, "It was a dark and stormy night ...." Frasier inspires me to play Six Degrees of Separation with today's featured authors, Cynthia Garner and Kendra Leigh Castle ...
1. Cynthia Garner writes in her bio (at this link),
My interest in writing got an early start when my sixth grade teacher told us to complete the following sentence: “It was a dark and stormy night…” With that my love of all things paranormal was born.
2. Kendra Leigh Castle credits another role model for discovering romance. From her bio (at this link),
Sneaking off with selections from her mother’s vast collection of romance novels came naturally and fairly early, and a lifelong love of the Happily Ever After was born.
3. Cynthia is the creator of the Warriors of the Rift series. From Romantic Times, "... a cool premise and interesting characters. One to watch!"
4. Kendra is the creator of the Dark Dynasties series. From Romantic Times, "Castle's world-building is superb and leaves readers wanting more."
5. Cynthia is eagerly awaiting the release of HEART OF THE DEMON, Book 2, on February 26:
Warriors of the Rift
Once a generation, the rift between the paranormal world and the human world opens, allowing supernatural entities to cross. Vampire, demon, or shapeshifter, they can save the world-or send it spiraling into chaos.
The next opening of the rift is coming-and its consequences will be deadly. A rogue group of human-hating preternaturals is planning an apocalyptic attack, but the Council of Preternaturals may have found the key to saving the world: Keira O'Brien, a fey with a long criminal record, whose empathic abilities once made her the queen of con artists. If she successfully infiltrates the dangerous faction, the sins of her past will be forgiven.
Keira isn't the only agent working against the rogue prets. Finn Evnissyen, a powerful demon with a dark lineage, is a hired assassin looking for a way out. If he stops the threat, he will finally earn his freedom. As the rift fast approaches, and danger escalates, Finn and Keira must discover if they're on the same side-or sleeping with the enemy . . .
6. Kendra welcomed IMMORTAL CRAVINGS, Dark Dynasties Book 4, on January 29:
The last-and most lethal-of his kind . . .
Wild, uncontrollable, and powerful, the lion-shifting Rakshasa were hunted down by vicious rival vampires who feared their dark, magical abilities. Somehow one survived, and now, after centuries of hiding, Tasmin Singh reemerges as fierce and fearless as ever at the door of the Lilim queen, seeking answers . . . and sanctuary.
The human best friend to a vampire queen, Bay Harper traded her quiet, comfortable life for a world filled with immortal assassins, warring werewolves . . . and this hauntingly sexy shifter. Only Bay's gentle touch can subdue Tasmin's inner demons, even as he brings out a passion and sensuality she never imagined she could feel. But when a bloody struggle threatens to tear them apart, can Bay risk everything on her faith in him-or will his dark side be stronger than even their all-consuming desire?
FOREVER is giving away a print copy of HEART OF THE DEMON and IMMORTAL CRAVINGS to one randomly selected commenter. To enter the giveaway,
1. Leave a comment about how you would finish the sentence, "It was a dark and stormy night ..."
2. Comments are open through Saturday, February 23, 10 pm in Hawaii.
3. I'll post the winner on Sunday, February 24.
Kim in Hawaii
To learn more about Cynthia and her books, check out her website at cynthiagarnerbooks.com.
To learn more about Kendra and her books, check out her website at kendraleighcastle.com.
The blog tour continues tomorrow with Mary Gramlich at marygramlich.blogspot.com.