Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Wednesday's Warriors - No Mission Too Difficult, No Sacrifice Too Great


I borrow the 1st Infantry Division's slogan to draw your attention to the 12th Annual SOS America Military Tribute at the RT Booklovers Convention.   This heartfelt event is scheduled for Thursday, May 14, 2015 at the Dallas Hyatt Regency:

0830: Room open for readers

0845: Special Presentation
- National Anthem with Beth Ciotta and Elle J. Rossi
- In Flanders' Field with Julie Rowe
- ANZAC Day with Megan Bamford
- MIA/POW Table with Lindsay McKenna
- Soldier's Poem with Jackson Young

0900: So You Think You Can Sing .... the services' hymns
- Air Force, The Wild Blue Yonder
- Army, The Army Go Rolling Along

- Coast Guard, Semper Paratus (Always Ready)
- Marine Corps, Halls of Montezuma 
- Navy, Anchors Aweigh

0915: Guest Speaker - Merline Lovelace, retired USAF colonel and Harlequin author

0930: Closing remarks by Kathryn Falk and door prizes


Military Mixer at RT/12 in Chicago

Readers will "deploy" to a military location (themed table) hosted by authors connected to the military, including Heather Ashby, Kara BradenElizabeth Boyle, Beth Ciotta, Chanel Cleeton, Emmy Curtis, Delilah Devlin, Elizabeth Essex, Lea Griffith, Sharon Hamilton, Elle James, Sabrina Jeffries, Cat Johnson, Kennedy Layne, Ophelia London, Siera London, Merline Lovelace, Sally MacKenzie, Crista McHugh, Lindsay McKenna, Angel Payne, Ella Quinn, Jamie RaeElle J. Rossi, Susan Stoker, Paige Tyler, Julie Ann Walker, Rececca Yarros, and Kimberly Rocha/Book Obsessed Chicks. Plus an Aussie Table with Megan Bamford and a Canadian Table with Julie Rowe to appreciate our Allies!

This event is open to romance readers and military families in the Dallas area.  Sign up for tickets at this link.  Contact Kim Lowe, sos.aloha@yahoo.com, to donate door prizes.




I am giving away a book choice from my convention stash to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about the agenda - are you familiar with Flander's Field, ANZAC Day, or the MIA/POW table?

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, March 14, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3.  I'll post the comments on Sunday, March 15.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Check out my preparation for the RT Booklovers Convention on my travel blog:

- Shopping for Western Wear (link)
- YA Spooky Slumber Party (link)


24 comments:

  1. Flander's Field with the poppies as a symbol. ANZAC Day - a day of remembrance for Australia and New Zealand . The POW/MIA table is smaller than the others, symbolizing the frailty of one prisoner alone against his or her oppressors - we have one at our American Legion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you think you can sing, cute! Though I admit I wouldn't be able to sing them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I provide the lyrics ... and we have a sign off between the services. Except everyone sings the Coast Guard hymn because there are only a handful of Coast Guard families!

      Delete
  3. I am familiar with Flander's Field and of course being Australian ANZAC Day is a big deal here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not familiar with ANZAC Day or Flanders Field.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am familiar with the first two but not the last. I shall explore it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm familiar with Flanders Field, the rest not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Kim! (don't enter me in the drawing) In Flanders Field is a beautiful, poignant poem written to commemorate the casualties of battle in WWI. Back when I was a full-time English teacher, it was part of the poetry curriculum I taught. Always moving. Even jaded teenagers seemed to grasp the reverence about it.

    (See you at RT!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not familiar with any of them. Wish I coud be there for the Military Tribute, however, Dallas is a place that I don't go as I can't handle the traffic. I'll be with you in spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all learned In Flanders Field while in school, such an important part of Canadian history.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am familiar with Flander's Field and ANZAC Day :)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  11. I knew about Flander's Fields and POW/MIA, and I believe I learned about ANZAC from one of your previous blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No, Kim, I'm not. It sounds as thought it will be a glorious event. I look forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Diane D in Florida. Long time, no see. Hope all is well. Wish you could join us in Dallas. Blessings.

      Delete
  13. I was familiar with Flanders Field and poppies, and MIA/POW table, but not Anzac (looked it up).

    My 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Philhower, taught us the Army, Navy, and Marine Corps songs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. No, lbe love the pics
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am not familiar with them, but think this event sounds like a great time! ;)
    Thank you for sharing, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have heard of Flander's Field; but not very familiar with it.
    Any time any thing honors any of our military is a wonderful thing.
    Patoct

    ReplyDelete
  18. So looking forward to celebrating this event at RT with such a great line up of authors! And I've got lot of goodies to give away. Cheers to all! EE

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not familiar with any of those but I am SO jealous of all those who'll be able to attend!

    ReplyDelete